Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Wildlife Zoo and Aquarium

What a perfect day to visit the Wildlife Zoo and brand new Aquarium in Litchfield Park, Arizona. It is about a 50 mile drive from our home in Mesa. We invited my kids best friends, the Nussbaums, to come with me. Mary, how do you do it with 10? I had 8 kids with me and was constantly counting heads so as not to lose a single one. It was not too crowded and it was 70 degrees outside. Lots of walking so I got my exercise in for the day plus was amused at the kids and their antics. I decided before I went that I would not yell and just have a good time-and we did! Proud Mom minute here-Brandon took all the photos except the ones he is in. He loves photo class and I have to say, he has a good eye when taking pictures.

This is the Tiger fish. Isn't he beautiful? I could have stared at him all day long.

Here are the upside down Jelly fish. I never knew they existed! I have been stung by the regular ones at Virginia Beach and boy, did that hurt.


The cute penguins. The display case was all spotted up so Brandon could not get too clear a picture. We got to watch them swim under water, slide down their rock slide and all the other fun things penguins do.



These are the most poisonous frogs. They are called Dart Frogs and are so tiny and colorful. Makes you wonder how something so tiny can be so poisonous. Just glad we encountered it on the other side of the glass:)





You can tell these swans are used to being fed. They are worse than my dog begging! To top it off, they will nip at your fingers if you get too close and don't have any food.




Jon, Cameron and Darin enoying a moment near the duck and swan pond.






Cool Stingray!! We actually go to touch these in the petting part of the aquarium. They are very slimy and some were friendly too. They would jump up by your hand and flip around to swim the other way.








I called this the Vertical fish but Brandon told me it is actually a trumpet nosed fish.








Aren't these beautiful? They are maccaws with such vibrant colors.









Baby deer. There were 3 born late this year. The boys was in the background with his beginning antlers starting to show.










Brandon and Cameron Nussbaum just hanging out after our long day walking.












White alligator. How would you like to see this in your backyard?!











Watch out-Shark!!













Sea turtle is hiding on top of the rock. I love all the different color plants they put in with Mr. Turtle.













The Swan when she was not begging. More beautiful as she was swimming around the pond.
















This was everyone's favorite exhibit-the Pink Flamingoes! We all practiced standing on one leg. We decided we had no clue how they could do this all day long.















The crew starting from left to right. Nick Nussbaum, Camryn, Dylan, Colton, Darin, Jonathon Nussbaum (taller one), Cameron Nussbaum and Brandon.
The kids kept asking today if we could go back today! Too far a drive and too expensive to keep getting in, but we will go back again. The kids were tired when we came home and went right to sleep-great for mom and dad!

















4 comments:

mary December 31, 2008 at 6:21 PM  

Those are awesome pictures!!! The penguins are my favorite. And I can't believe the beautiful sunny weather I see in these pics for December!!!!!!!!!!!! And here I am praying for snow.....

rich and steph December 31, 2008 at 8:35 PM  

Always lots of sunshine here:) We get cold at night but heats up to 60-70 during the day. Love it!

Erin December 31, 2008 at 8:50 PM  

I'm with Mary...I saw that the kids were in short sleeves and I was so jealous! It looks like you had a wonderful time at the zoo. I love the pictures!

Mom of Esquared January 1, 2009 at 3:58 AM  

I don't agree with warm weather in December, I would never make it on the other side of the equator. I guess I'll never go to Australia. The Pics are beautiful tell your son he should continue with it he could probably make good money at it.