Friday, December 5, 2008

Strep Throat Strikes again

Thought the red might match their fiery red throats! Yes, 3 or the 5 have strep throat and that does not include me (which I have it). I remember in the old days I could just take care of myself but now I have to drag my hiney up to get what the kids want. Of course I had to blog about it or else what fun is it:)

Dylan has strep and an infection in his big thumb. So I operated and removed lots of gunk and blood. The whole time he was screaming and telling that me if I was really a nurse that is should not hurt-hahaha!! Little does he know about my profession and the cursing at I get daily. I just let it roll off as these patients are sick and cannot help that just one more painful procedure is going to throw them over that proverbial edge.

I could not get Camryn to sit still and be serious. Oh well, such is the life of a three year old who is sick and when she fells the tiniest bit better she is ready to go. Heather Stone, I wish I could hide in your suitcase for the polar express. I would get a better break and sleep:) You have fun out there! And Michelle D., I f you still have Twilight necklaces or bracelets I am more than happy to pay for them:) I have to say that good friends far away and close by are what is keeping my sanity intact for now.


3 comments:

Mom of Esquared December 5, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

Poor Stephanie, I feel for you. Elisabeth (11) had her 1st bout with Strep just about 1 month ago. luckily none of the rest of us go it. I think that some people are just prone to it. I myself (knock on Wood) have never had it. Thankfully Elisabeth didn't share it with her sister, she did miss 1 week of school, This is the 2nd year in a row that she has not been able to get perfect attendance. Oh Well, Good Luck If I was closer I would come take care of all of you.

Erin December 5, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

I'm so sorry you have sickness around! We had strep twice in eight months at our house, so I know how much it sucks. I hope everyone feels better soon!

rich and steph December 5, 2008 at 7:20 PM  

And Kasandrea I would wholeheartely take you up on it:P