Sunday, December 21, 2008

Is Dexter Grandpa?

This is Dexter from the movie Night at the Museum. It is a much loved movie at our house and we watched it today. We love watching everything come to life. I hear there is anyother one called Night at the Smithsonian coming out in 2009. But Dexter stole the movie in this show. He is very naughty and mischievious and gets into everything!



This is Grandpa Fowkes, my dad. He decided to call Colton, my 5 year old, Dexter one year. Colton did not like that and decided that he was going to turn it around and call Grandpa Dexter!! The best part is the name stuck. My dad is a notorious teaser and always has been. I won't let you know the name he calls me:) Anyway, now whenever the phone rings Colton and Camryn want to know if Grandpa Dexter is on the phone. They never call him Grandpa Fowkes anymore. I have tried to get them to call him Grandpa Fowkes, but they both get a twinkle in their eye and say "Nope, it is Grandpa Dexter!" I put the 2 pictures up because as I got to looking at it, they do both kind of look alike, don't ya think:) I am sure I will be receiving a phone call about this as my mom and dad read my blog.

5 comments:

Mom of Esquared December 21, 2008 at 4:29 PM  

The Phones Ringing!!!!!
I think they look a lot alike. Tell Grandpa Fowkes sorry but I see the FAMILY resemblance in his Daughter so they must be related. (o;

Erin December 21, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

Grandpa Dexter...how cute!

rich and steph December 21, 2008 at 9:05 PM  

Kasandra you are in trouble now;)

LISA :) December 22, 2008 at 6:59 AM  

I love that your kids have turned it around on their grandpa! How funny!

Jen December 23, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

How fun! I love it when nicknames stick like that...it's endearing! Just call me "Tink". ;0) Your dad is a very handsome Dexter! Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas.