Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Comfort Me"

Found these beautiful lyrics written by James Gillice. I emailed him to found out where he has these albums at-was able to listen to pieces of it on the family blog. These lyrics really touched me and such great poetry also!

Comfort Me
And what have we become?
In a world of failing schemes and broken dreams
We make ourselves a home
Amd time keeps moving on
With so much left undone
We run to try and catch the sun
But we fall by the way
As our tired, useless legs betray
The masters that they once obeyed
And who could even say
If we're worthy of our days
And the untold prices we have paid
But this is who we are
And this is how we'll always be
I was alone
You came to comfort me...
Thanks for sharing these awesome words.

4 comments:

Jen December 2, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Erin December 2, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

James is awesome! I used to live next door to he and his wife. I know some of his music can be found on iTunes.

Seriously, this will make his day.

Desta December 2, 2008 at 2:12 PM  

That is some of his new stuff. There are a few links to his music on our blog, including a blog devoted to his music. We also have cd's if you're interested. It's such a huge compliment to have his work noticed.

rich and steph December 2, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

I loved it!!! The words were so comforting-Desta you have a creative guy!! Let me know about the cd's-his sound reminds me of u2 which i love:)