Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Are you really a Nurse:)

My 5 year old slipped in the bathtub last night and bonked his head on the sharp part. Of course there was plenty of tears and blood. As I was washing the back of his head off and and trying to comfort him, my blackberry went off for work. I said "Uh oh, someone must need a nurse!" Colton said "You better call one." I just started to laugh and asked him what do you think mommy does when she leaves for work or calls people on the phone? He said he did not know. So I explained that I really was a nurse and that I really could look at his cut and decide if he needed stitches or not. His eyes got really big and he said "Wow, you really are a nurse!" Made me feel so good that I somehow got promoted in his eyes. Thankfully he did not need stitches but just lots of kisses and hugs and his mommy to lay in bed with him and snuggle. The perfect way to end the day-a promotion from my 5 year old and lots of kisses:)

1 comments:

Mom of Esquared December 20, 2008 at 7:34 AM  

As you know I drive a school bus and work in the lunch room at school well one day I was driving a Field trip and one of the kids said "You are a Bus Driver?" (not one of my bus kids) I said yeah, then they said "your daughter is Evelyn right?" and I again said yeah! then this cute little kids with big eyes said "your a Lunch lady, Bus driver and MOM! Wow how do you do it." needles to say that just made my day.