Friday, January 23, 2009

Young Love?!


How come no one ever warned me that kids are growing up to fast these days?! I remember when I was 13 and liked a boy I would just call my girlfriends and talk about the boy. I would have never in a million years called the boy up. I would have giggled with my girlfriends over it and talked it over with them numerous times.


Why does my 13 year old son have a cute girl by the name of Alex calling him everyday? (and if he reads this I am toast!) Not only does she call him, they walk home together with a group of friends. This is the same girl he went trick or treating with - guess I was too naive then to see this. On monday, we all went to the movies together as my mom and dad were here in AZ to help me after surgery last friday. We saw Mall Cop (hilarious!!!) and Brandon informed me that Alex and Aimee wanted him to come to Aimee's house. I instead offered to take the girls to the movies with us. Smart move, huh?


They did come with us and I tried so hard not to laugh while I was driving. Oh the giggling and laughter that was coming from the van from those 3! They all we so kind to the younger kids and included the 5 and 3 year old in the conversation. They even let Colton sit with them during the movie. Where did my son get all this confidence from? Thankfully he tells me that he is just friends with Alex and we keep reinforcing that we don't date until 16. Now at least I know Alex, have met her parents and little brothers and feel like I know her better.


Now if she will quit calling the cell phone every night or texting him:)

6 comments:

LISA :) January 23, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

oh man! I already had my first boyfriend by then. Of coarse my mom had no idea! Good luck with that, I am glad I don't have to deal with that for a while!They always talk about dads coming to the doors with shot guns, but I think at our house it might be the both of us!!

Hezstone January 23, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

LOL...this is so funny, and YES you will be killed and hung to dry if he sees this..I had my first "boyfriend" (we went "steady") when I was 13...Rusty..once he bought me a teddy bear I wanted to break up with him. Too serious! LOL

Erin January 23, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Ahhh, young love. I'm glad they were so nice to the younger siblings though! Good luck, is all I can say :)

rich and steph January 23, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

I still don't know what to do!! I think turning back the clock to a few years ago will help.

Mom of The Fields Fam Five January 23, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

Well, well, well. You are in a most interesting situation. Got nothing to tell you....other than good luck with that! Well, on the other hand...Nah, I will be good and just wish you luck!

rich and steph January 23, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Jill you are too funny!!