Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sick Kids

Our week started out with one sick little girl. Now it has multiplied to all 5 being sick with the flu! I am just thankful that my parents were able to get back home before all this happened.

What does one do with 5 sick kids? We have watched movies, read books, colored, and completed their homework packets they received on Monday. I am all out of ideas at the moment (besides dosing them all with Benadryl so they will sleep, but I suppose I better not do that!) If any of you have any more ideas I would love it:) At this point locking myself in the bedroom for 5 minutes of peace has occurred to me, but again, probably not a good idea. Too much laundry to wash from the little ones not making it to the bathroom.

The best part is that they have been kind to each other!! Wow - I guess they just needed to get sick - haha. I think the real reason is that they just don't have the energy to be mean to one another or fight. I will have to remember this for Family Home Evening next week and tell them how nice it was to have a non-yelling household. And I agree with Tink ,"There is beauty all around, when there is love at home."

A quick cute story. One of my best friends growing up and now, Jill, used to sing that song to my brothers and I when we would be fighting. Our families were close as Jill's family babysat my little brother. Our families would get together for dinners and I remember them coming over for many a Christmas dinner. If ever a fight broke out or mean words were said (meaning my brothers and I), Jill would burst into that song with a twinkle in her eye. I still love her to this day for singing it and reminding us that we need to have love at home.

2 comments:

Mom of The Fields Fam Five February 1, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

I remember that! My mom always made us hug each other and sing that at home so I guess I thought it would work for you all....I know, I was crazy huh? We had many wonderful Christmas dinners together! I remember us rotating whose house we would be at each year. Awesome memories.....Thanks for reminding me of those special moments!

rich and steph February 1, 2009 at 8:00 PM  

You were not crazy:) Just helping the Fowkes kids not beat each other up!! The dinners were fun and we always played games after. Such fun.