Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Another Webelo

Darin is our second child to receive his Webelo badge in the cub scouting program. These boys, leaders and parents work very hard to get to this point and advance on to the boy scouts. Darin is getting his religious knot in the above picture.


The best part is getting the Mother's pin. Colton and Camryn had to come up with Rich and I. Darin also had his face marked with the path of the Webelo and Rich and I were marked on our nose in purple to show our pride in our cub. Darin had to write a poem as one of the steps to get his religious knot. He is 10 and here is the poem he wrote.
I AM

I am sporty and smart
I wonder why we have to breathe
I hear video games
I see a vault of video games
I want Bakugans
I am sporty and smart

I pretend I'm in the military
I feel like grass is growing out of my ears
I touch an alien
I worry about my homework
I cry when I get hurt
I am sporty and smart
I understand the Book of Mormon
I say God is real
I dream about sponges
I try to get good grades
I hope that I learn everything in the world
I am sporty and smart

4 comments:

Jen January 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

Ahhh! Congrats to Darin on his badge! And behind every Eagle Scout is a mother who pushed their son there ever inch of the way, so kudos to you, too, for helping him get one step closer to his Eagle!

Jen January 21, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

Oh, BTW, we're having a bloggy lunch. I'm not sure where you live, but visit my site to find out the particulars! We'd love to have you!

Erin January 21, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

How exciting! I didn't know they marked things on your nose. I guess I'll be finding out in a few years!

LISA :) January 22, 2009 at 8:11 AM  

Way to go Darin! Looks like you are going to have a bunch of eagle scouts. From what I hear Brandon is one of the best in his patrol! It's so good when parents are involved in the whole process.