Monday, January 5, 2009

No More Nursery

My last child graduated from nursery at church. I don't know whether to be happy or cry! I have always had one or two in the nursery for the past 13 years. Camryn stayed longer in the nursery as her birthday is January 25 and she missed the cut off date. Her comment at church was "I am glad to go to big kids primary and not be with the babies anymore!" I tried so hard not to laugh.
It is such a strange time in my life as I have always been either pregnant at this point or had a newborn. I am still trying to figure out what to do with myself as the kids get older. Camryn is still at home during the day so it keeps me busy but still strange not to have a newborn or a baby. My sister in law, Kim, told me this time was her favorite time with her kids. No diapers to change, no diaper bag to carry around and it is easy to just pick and go with the kids. That part is true (minus the fighting between the boys who gets to sit where in the van). It is fun to take them places like the zoo, park, etc as Brandon helps me out to make sure all the kids are accounted for and helps to unload the snacks, etc.
I guess the fun is just beginning as Brandon has taken an interest in girls at school and sometimes has his "teenage attitude." That I could do without!! I will just have to think up more chores for them to do so maybe someday my house can be clean and not have toys strewn everywhere!! Nothing like stepping barefoot on a lego-ouch.
I still cannot believe Camryn is about to be 4. Time flies so quickly with each child. It seemed Brandon took forever to reach each milestone but the others seemed to get there quickly. I think the true reason is I was too busy to focus on just one child:)
So for now, I will just hold my friends new babies and cuddle them. The best part is when they start to fuss I can give them back to their mothers:) In the meantime, there are tons of projects to do at the house and my little sidekick can help me-even when that means sewing curtains or finishing quilts I started many months ago!

4 comments:

Erin January 5, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

They grow up so fast, don't they? Sniff, sniff.

Mom of The Fields Fam Five January 5, 2009 at 2:32 PM  

Well, it a new phase in life for you! Enjoy it. Love on the little one as long as possible. Madilyn graduated from Sundbeams and is now a CTR. How did that happen! Love the new blog design!

mary January 6, 2009 at 5:46 AM  

It's such a bittersweet milestone. I'm right there rowin' with ya! I am enjoying the new phase in my life right now though. Pregnant or nursing a baby for 16 years is something that I just want to look back and smile at...... Now, we'll just enjoy them all!!!!

Jen January 7, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

They grow up way too quickly. I can't believe my "baby" is 10 now! I cherish each of those "last times" with her because I have no other children to take her place. Your daughter's comment, however, about glad to leave and no longer be with the babies is precious!