Saturday, November 29, 2008

New words

I have learned some good words from a dear friend-she cracks me up!!! I have never heard the word whackadoo or whackadoodle until I started reading her blog. And you guessed it, now I use the word all the time and am teaching it to my co-workers by putting it on my morning report. Some one has got to spice up our morning report for hospice-so I have decided to do it:)

My favorite is Foo-Shizzle (I think I messed up the first word.) That one had me almost peeing my pants. Found out from my sister in law, Kim, that this is part of a whole phrase. I could not catch or remember the whole phrase but it was funny!!

My son is reading over my shoulder and says I should add "What the flim flam?" What the heck does that mean? So if you have any good new words (that are clean of course) feel free to pass them on. And my dear friend in VA, keep up the good work with the new words:)

7 comments:

Jen November 29, 2008 at 10:10 PM  

Those are hilarious! My husband has a whole dictionary of words he makes up! Ha. Gotta love it.

Mom of Esquared November 30, 2008 at 5:27 AM  

It's not really a word but when my Grandmother was feeling bad and you asked her how she was feeling she would say "If I felt any better I would call Twiford's" now Twifords was the local funeral home. I now use the saying when I'm not feeling good.
My German mother in-law always says "it Hurts my Eyes" when something is not in the right place or not right. I also had a Violin Teacher that would say if she made a mistake "you can hit me with a Wet Noodle".

mary November 30, 2008 at 5:43 AM  

Oh my heck!

rich and steph November 30, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

Is Oh my Heck your new word, mary, or your reaction to the blog:)

mary November 30, 2008 at 3:34 PM  

Both!!!! :)

rich and steph November 30, 2008 at 3:44 PM  

Cool:) I am calling my interesting patients the Whackadoos!

Elisa November 30, 2008 at 4:44 PM  

I love the word Whack-a-doo! I used that all the time! I also like bomb diggity! fo shizzle-dizzle!


You have been added on the MMB. Thanks!