Monday, November 10, 2008

Home Again

Just got back from my trip to the fabulous state of Utah. It was so much fun that now I cannot seem to get motivated enough to get back into my real life. I have been playing with my daughter all morning and ignoring the stacks of laundry that are staring at me.

I had a blast in Utah!! We did lots of eating and I can finally say that I went to the Melting Pot. They have the most fantastic chocolate amaretto fondue and the cheese fondue was awesome. I think I must have gained 10 pounds this weekend from all the food I ate. It was sure great not to have to do the dishes, prepare it or even think about what should the family have for dinner. I had a manicure and a pedicure-pure heaven:) My mom and I talked my sister in law, Kim, into going shopping with us on Saturday. Kim even let my mom buy her a sweater!!! It took much convincing that it was ok for Kim to have something new for herself. And she looked great in it-if I would have remembered I would have taken a picture.

Had a very interesting encounter with a homeless man. I went to a restaurant Saturday night with my parents and my brother Mike and Kim and the kids. The restaurant is right across the street from pioneer park in Salt Lake City. As we were leaving to go back to my parent's house, a homeless man came running across the street straight at me. I was carrying a to go box and he was yelling "hungry." I tried to hand him the box but he missed it and got a handful of my chest instead. My dad, brother and nephew looked as if they were both ready to pound him. I told them it was ok, not the first time I have been grabbed by someone who did not know what they were doing. Working with hospice and dementia patients has put me in plenty of situations of patients not knowing what they are doing. You just realize that they cannot process things the same way we can and sometimes I just have to laugh about it.

Thanks Mom and Dad for a great trip:) Guess I better get started with the pile of laundry as it seems to have grown even bigger in the last 10 minutes!!

0 comments: