Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Quilting

I have been so caught up with other things going on in my life that I have not sewed or quilted for months now! I need to get back into to it as it is enjoyable for me and I have so much fun watching all the pieces take shape into something fun.

Last christmas I made for one of my bosses a memory quilt. She had saved all her kids tshirts, school uniforms, pillow cases, etc-anything that had a special memory for that child. I had so much fun deciding which piece to put where and then doing the actual quilting. My boss, Bert, had a party at her house the other night and her son told me he sleeps with the quilt-how sweet is that?

I also made a grandchildren quilt for my mom and dad. There is really cool fabric that you can run thru your printer and the photos do not run. In the middle I embroidered "Fowkes Family Grandchilren". Now I need to figure out how to get an extra square on their as my sister in law is expecting another child.

I have almost finished Brandon's quilt for his bed-I just need to get it out and do it!! I also have all the fabric to make a butterfly applique quilt for Camryn's bed and a matching color scheme of frogs for a quilt for Colton's bed since the 2 of them share a room. I am just happy that all the costumes I spent hours making last year still fit all of them so it let's me off the hook.

My goal is to get my 1 year old cool quilting machine out and get these projects done instead of letting them collect dust in my room:)

1 comments:

Mel October 31, 2008 at 5:44 AM  

Hey! I was excited to see your comment on my blog! At first I couldn't figure out who Stephanie & Rich are but how fun that you are a blogger! Thanks for checking in on my little blog. Happy Halloween!!!