Saturday, October 4, 2008

Conference

Hopefully you are able to read this. I love to play with the colors and fonts. Unfortunately I am approaching 40 and sometimes I cannot read my posts!! It was so great today to be able to watch general conference. We are so blessed to be able to hear from a living prophet twice a year and from his apostles. I can always find something that applies to me or our family. Our primary music director called conference a holiday they celebrate in their family. I thought that was cute! She said that the word holiday came from holy day and in her view conference days were holy days. The little children thought that was great. She talked about the tradition they had of each child picking out a pint of ice cream and they could eat it any time during conference-breakfast, afternoon, whenever. Other kids said they had a special breakfast or dinner. Our family is just lucky to all sit in the same room, actually sit down and be quiet and listen:) I consider that a huge accomplishment. Especially if no one sticks their feet on somebody or touches someone-you get the idea! My husband is also enjoying the fact that finally one of our boys is old enough to go to the priesthood session with him and his father. Someday it will just be Camryn and I home-we will have to do something fun-like shopping:) I do have to add that I did not trot my kids down to my work to breathe on my boss-I really wanted too but thought that would not be very Christian of me!! Lucky for him-right:)

1 comments:

mary October 5, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

I love hearing what other families do during conference. I like getting new ideas! I'm not sure how 10 or 12 pints of ice cream would do at our house, but that sounds like a blast! :) I usually make special treats for the day and we have also been using the conference packets for the kids that you can download on line!