Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wahh!!

How is that for an indulgent title? Wish I had something more funny, more witty or more anything to say. But yet, I get to blog I am sick yet again. I have tried lysol, antibactierial spray and have even considered moving into my own plastic bubble:) That could be fun but a little boring I suppose.
No kidney infections or even pains this time. Just a lovely sinus infection, bacterial (can we say working on pneumonia) upper respiratory infection and strep on the outside of my throat. How is that possible you say? Well, I have it. And do not even ask me to take a picture as it is horrendous and just downright disgusting. I have also lost my voice, but my kids are all seeing this as a good sign as is my husband who keeps saying "honey, I just cannot understand you!" That is ok as I will just save up all my talking for when I feel better - watch out Dad! (He seemed to be a little too giddy about getting off the phone with me after only 5 minutes:))
I have been taking Zinc, drinking lemon water and just about any other holostic thing that someone can come up with. But darn it, it is not working! The doctor told me I had to rest and that just about put me into hysterics! I have 5 kids and work full time and my house is a mess, so resting is just out of the question for now. Guess I will just tone it back (although if I tone it back anymore my house might get condemned). I do have lots of good ideas for curtains, kitchen paint and repainting my countertops. My yard sale lady does the refinishing as a business and wrote down the instructions for refinishing my counter tops. Will cost about $30 dollars in supplies and lots of elbow grease. I have the boys to help with the manual labor. She even is going to give me directions on how to refinish the cabinets on a shoestring budget. I will get a whole new kitchen look for a fraction of the cost and will get the satisfaction of knowing I could do it myself. I love those moments:)
Well, I am going to go back to resting and then tomorrow take on the 2 little kids room. At least I can sit thru it as right now it looks as if someone set off a toy bomb in there! I think I might take before and after pictures as I got some cool cubicles from Target for their toys. Wish me luck and if I don't resurface for a few days, it is probably because I passed out in their room:)

3 comments:

Erin March 26, 2009 at 9:39 PM  

Oh man! I hope things start getting better for you soon!

LISA :) March 27, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

Whats The Deal? It seems Like you just got better! Hope you feel better soon.

Hezstone March 29, 2009 at 6:41 AM  

Uhm...didn't your doctor say REST? Taking on projects doesn't sound very restful!