Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mr. Trowbridge's Retirement Concert

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=221164710304&ref=mf


I was not in attendance at this concert nor did I take orchestra. My baby brother, Gerald, did take orchestra from Mr. Trowbridge and in fact is going to take his place at our old high school, Gar-Field Senior High, as the new orchestra teacher. I still cannot believe that my brother, whom I listened to squeak his way thru the cello has become so accomplished and grown up. He currently teaches at my rival high school, Woodbridge Senior High, and also plays in different orchestras around the Washington, DC area and gives private lessons. He even got to play at one of the events for President Obama's inarguation ( i cannot spell that!). My favorite event he played at was at the Kennedy Center honors they do every year. I think he was still in high school at the time. They were honoring YoYo Ma and he got to play, along with his private teacher, at the Kennedy Center and was on TV!!!! So cool that he could do that and I had fun watching it on TV at home. They actually showed him a couple of times so it was fun to point at the TV and say "there is Gerald!!!). Thank you, Mary, for posting this on facebook so that I could steal it from ya:)

1 comments:

Mary June 12, 2009 at 8:49 PM  

That concert was too awesome!!! Glad you enjoyed the clip. :)