Sunday, May 17, 2009

Blog Slacker

Yes, it is true, I have become a blog slacker:( Sigh.....I started off so well and now I am just slow with this. Must have to do with working for 10 days straight and just not doing anything (at least that I am going to tell about) too exciting!

This is the last week of school. They officially get out on Thursday. We have kindergarten graduation at 1 pm and then Brandon has an art photo show that night. Baseball has finally wound down - yes!!! Colton is supposed to go to summer school for help with his reading. Of course the form that was supposed to have been filled out is no where to be found in this crazy mess of a house of mine. I seriously could bulldoze it over right now as I feel it would be easier to start from fresh instead of trying to clean the explosion that has happened in my house this week. How can 5 kids make such a mess?! Do they not know where the trash can is located or the fact that we do own many clothes hampers and that Mom does not appreciate dirty clothes strewn all throughout the house. I was able to go to an Enrichment night this week and they talked about keeping our houses clean and in order. I seriously had to try so hard not to either laugh or cry!!! All these well meaning and loved sisters were talking about spring cleaning, maintaince cleaning and all I could think of was that I wanted to go hide my head in the sand and just hope the house would be clean when I finally emerged! On the good side, I have this week off and after I recouperate, go to a work meeting, go to court for a photo radar ticket (bad, bad girl!!), go to counseling and somehow fit in a doctor appoinment for my feet and legs that have suddenly decided to retain fluid!! I look like that Micheline tire guy right now:) What happened to fabulous and 40? I think my body seemed to have not gotten that message and heard breakdown and 40!

I am very excited for the kindergarten graduation as they sing songs and put on the cutest program. I also am excited to see Brandon's work in the photo art show!! He has loved this class and I cannot wait to see what he has created. He is my go to guy for all pictures now (if he is home when the event happens). My pictures just look ok where his are interesting, fun to look at and a joy for this mom to see. My other kids are doing well too but these 2 boys are the ones with all the fun stuff this week.

Ok, now that you all think that I should be headed for the looney bin, let me say it just felt good being able to write what I am really freethinking now:) No script, no story just a rambling post about our crazy life this past week. I promise to return to some sort of normal on my next post (or maybe not:)) Just kidding!

3 comments:

Mom of Esquared May 18, 2009 at 5:55 AM  

Enjoy your week you deserve it. And be careful with the speed limit. I got pulled over about a month ago but luckily I got just a warning. If I get a ticket that's the end of my bus driving until the points come off my record. Have a great week.

rich and steph May 18, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

Wow!! That stinks about the points. I was just having a poor is me day and was very tired. Off to nap time and a relaxing week:)

Jen May 19, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

The kindergarten graduations are so cute! My daughter doesn't get out of school until the first week of July. She's in year-round school. Have fun at their graduations.