Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sigh


If Brandon reads this, I will be toast again!! I blogged previously about a certain young lady calling him and walking home with him from school. He is 13 and a half - I still say too young. Just found out today that she is moving in 2 weeks to Texas with her family. Better job for the parents and better medical care for her little brother that has leukemia.


My question is, what am I going to do about Brandon?! I have a feeling he is going to be very down and sad. He is my emotional boy and has always worn his heart on his sleeve. You can always tell (or I can) what he is feeling by how he looks. He has walked home with her and the same group of friends since the beginning of school. They belong to the SLACKERS club (early morning book group in the library) and the group has also met there. I guess I should be happy that she won't be calling all the time but I do feel sad for Brandon. Dang, we will have to see how this all plays out. The above picture was when he was 7 and we were at Outer Banks, North Carolina - one of the best places to vacation:)

6 comments:

Erin February 5, 2009 at 10:45 AM  

It might be rough around your house for a while! Take him out, one on one, for ice cream and let him talk if he wants to. I hope their child with leukemia will be helped too!

LISA :) February 5, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

See now days they can just email each other so no worries! He is a good looking boy,I am sure he will have a replacement soon!! p.s. He gets taller and taller every time I see him!

rich and steph February 5, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

Erin-their child with leukemia is going to get some new experimental treatments so it is going to be great for them. Lisa - he is getting too tall. His feet are bigger than mine and Rich's. And thanks for the reminder about email - awwww dang it. I don't want him to have a replacement:) Daniel Tanner is part of this group too. They grow up waaay too fast too soon.

Jen February 5, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

Yep he might be mopey for awhile but the mail or email is a good thing where they can keep in touch. I so remember that age. I had my first boyfriend at that age. Scary to think about now!

Mom of Esquared February 5, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

He will get over her and learn from it. I had my 1st boyfriend at that age too and kept him way to long wish we had moved. But I had great friends to help when we did have to say goodbye to the end of our relationship. But also remember he will not stay your little boy forever he has to grow up.

Mary February 5, 2009 at 7:11 PM  

You couldn't pay me to be that age again.... poor kid. It's tough when friends move away!