Monday, February 23, 2009

Learning to Think Before I Email

Crazy week at work. I work nights for a hospice and do the triage out of my house. I usually have a pretty steady week and am able to get some sleep most nights. For some reason, Friday thru Sunday was just crazy. The phone rang nonstop all throughout the day and the night with patient problems. My LPN and I were driving all over metro Phoenix to see these patients. Each night we would get home and say to each other "tonight will be a good night." Thinking these thoughts did not work!!! Neither one of us have slept for 3 days in a row.

My boss had made some comment Saturday night that just made me mad!! Usually I would not get upset or if I did, I would not stay upset (I know my Dad is laughing right now). Due to lack of sleep (or I am going to blame it on that) I kept getting madder and madder until I finally emailed him a nasty note at 3:30 am. He also was the administrator on call so needless to say, my email woke him up!!

I did get called into his office today for a mandatory meeting. Whoops!! I apologized and thankfully he forgave me. Moral of story, next time I will just write the email but not push send!! Then I can get my anger out but not have to get called in and worry about losing my job:)

4 comments:

mary February 23, 2009 at 6:26 PM  

I am so glad you did not lose your job, Steph. That would not have been cool..... I act crazy too when I am sleep deprived. :)

Mom of Esquared February 24, 2009 at 2:50 AM  

I have found that Respect and apologies Go a long way. I'm glad you got to keep your job. I act crazy all the time but I try to keep it under control at work, doesn't always work.

Jen February 24, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

YIKES! I'm glad you were forgiven! I bet that was awkward!

Mel February 24, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

I know that feeling - did it with my sister a few years back. I thought I had just saved the email when I had actually sent it. She got to read some of my more "private" thoughts but it all worked out. Glad yours turned out okay also. Life is just hard sometimes! Hang in there!