Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Flu Season

We seem to be one of those families that is prone to the flu around here. I am not posting pictures as it is not a fun sight!! Camryn started it all off and now everyone has it, including me. Rich is the only one who has not caught it but he takes Zinc everyday. Once I can actually keep something down I am going to take Zinc. He does not get sick that easily and something must be working!! Why is it every kid who is sick has to sleep in bed with us? I guess it is because they need Mommy time and I want to provide that for them. The funniest story is Brandon screaming at the top of his lungs at 2 am that he had to throw up!! I thought as they got older this would subside but it just goes to show you they still need their mommies. Heck, I want my mommy right now!!! At least Brandon was in the bathroom screaming he had to throw up. I was that lovely child who would go into my mom and dad's room, go to my mom's side of the bed, announce I had to throw up and then promptly throw up all over my mom!!! My poor mom having to deal with a sick child and clean herself up as well as the bed and me. Thank goodness my mom still loves me and hopefully has forgiven me for the numerous times I did this too her:) Camryn was good for only being 4. She made it to the bathroom and then I took my friend, Kasandra's advice and kept a big bowl in my room. It worked wonders!! Camryn would tell me she had to throw up, I would hold her hair back and the big bowl was right by. My kids were painfully honest with me today as they snuggled into bed with me. There first comment was "Gee mom, you stink!" Sure made my day and I did manage to make it into the shower. Sometimes I think kids are too painfully honest!!!

2 comments:

Erin February 18, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

Oh man! I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope things look better very soon.

Mom of Esquared February 19, 2009 at 3:15 AM  

The joys of being a mom. I can't take full credit for the bucket thing, the peds office has sand buckets in all of their exam rooms for this purpose, although I have seen some kids use them for hats, and toys, I hope they clean them well. Steph I hope you get better soon. and Yes kids tell the truth more often than we think.