Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Not wanting to poop

Ok, the title is NOT about me. Just wanted to clear that up!

My 4 year old has been potty trained for 2 years now. She has suddenly decided that she does not want to poop. She said it hurts too much and is not going to do it. I have tried reasoning with her that since we eat food, that we all have to poop. Well, that totally backfired! For 4 days she would not eat food, only drink fluids. She told me "now I won't have to poop anymore".

My next step was to limit her milk intake and try apple juice. We kept telling her now it would be ok. Can I just say that my laundry has increased and she is still having problems! We have resorted to making her sit on the potty and try and try. She either waits too long and has an accident or screams the whole time she is on the toilet. I am at the point of wanting to pull my hair out and scream (which I know will not make it any better).

What do I do? She starts back to preschool in a few weeks. I have told her she will have to wear a diaper and she does not want that. She tells me she is a big girl. I will have to say I find it interesting (and at times exhausting) the different trials that my children put me through. Who would have thought this would be the trial for now:)

5 comments:

Erin July 21, 2009 at 6:49 PM  

We have had problems at our house too. The doctor started Aidan with a 1/2 dose of Milk of Magnesia. We tried that for a couple of weeks, and when it didn't seem to help, he switched us to 1/2 dose of Miralax. As long as I NEVER forget to give it to him, we never have a problem.

Good luck!

Mom of Esquared July 22, 2009 at 8:54 AM  

I was going to tell you the same as Erin did. Big E has problems with a fissure that bleeds and is painful at times when it flares we have to do the M.O.M. thing. Good luck, you might tire feeding her corn it seems to go right thru.

rich and steph July 22, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

Thanks guys! I am going to have to try it as it is truly driving me insane. I feel bad for her!

nicole August 11, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

be thankful that she does something on the potty, I've been working w/ Kale for awhile, it is such a challenge, in fact the other morning spent 2 solid hours trying to get the concept of peeing in the toliet down to have it fail all because I was in desperate need to use the bathroom, so i let him out, first thing he did was run into the kitchen and let loose. I was like enough of this. so needless to say....autism & potty training don't mix well at our house!!!

rich and steph August 20, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

Nic - I am so sorry! How frustrating for you. I hope that he will get the concept soon. You are a great mom!!