Monday, July 13, 2009

I have a 14 year old?!








I cannot believe I have a 14 year old! He was born July 9, 1995 and was our first baby. In my mind I still think of him as the baby even though he is taller than me, wears bigger shoes than me (and I have big feet!), sounds like a man with his deep voice that has magically changed, and is now officially a teacher at church. It just seems like yesterday we were at the hospital and excitedly waiting the birth. My water broke with him and no contractions! I was induced and 10 hours later (with a lovely epidural) he was born. He had peach fuzz on his head and 2 dimples:) My heart just melted when I finally was able to see him. He was born at 9:30 pm and I stayed up all night at the hospital playing with him.

He has been a great big brother and a great example to his siblings. There are times they fight and times he can drive me nutty (oh the teenage years) but he is such fun too. He took photography this past year at junior high and loved it. The eggs and goggles was an assignment he had (not too sure what it was). We also have other really cool pictures that he took and developed in the darkroom. One of my favorites that is hanging on the wall is a candid shot of the younger kids jumping on the trampoline. He caught them mid jump and with huge smiles on their faces. He is my go to person for any picture that needs to be taken as his turn out better than mine. He is on his way to becoming an Eagle Scout (in about a year) and faithfully attends his scout meetings. The best part about having a 14 year old is no more babysitters! Now Rich and I can go out on a date without coordinating a babysitter. I am sure this will change as he becomes older and has more of a social life, but for now we are taking advantage of the babysitting.
I can't wait to see what the future holds for him. Someone told me that 14 is a hard year for teens and I am hoping that is not true:) He also is officially a freshman at school even though they still attend the jr high here. This is also the year that he can start seminary. I had early morning back in VA so I am a little jealous that he gets to sleep in and have it as a part of his school day.
Happy 14th birthday, Brandon!!!

0 comments: