Thursday, September 17, 2009

Life

Life has just been crazy around here and it does not have anything to do with school starting or work. Sometimes we are given trials that bring us to our knees and makes us question why???
What I have learned from this recent trial is a renewal of my faith in our Heavenly Father and the things that we (and I) have not been doing very well as a family. It is all about going back to the basics that we have learned in primary - read your scriptures, say your prayers, do unto others as you want them to do to you, and prayer again with fasting. I have not fasted in years due to either being pregnant or nursing. But I honestly have not had that excuse for 3 years. It was a definite renewal of faith to fast with a purpose.
It is so easy to get caught up in the cares of the worlds, the panic of the times, Satan's temptations, and listening to that voice that tells you that you are not worth it. Why does it seem so easy to teach my children these lessons but not follow them myself? Do I think that I am any less valuable than they are? At times, yes but then I pull myself back up and realize that little eyes are watching and learning from the example I set. My daughter, who is 4, is sitting on my lap watching me type and wants to know when I am going to send this letter to her best friend:)
Life marches on and we (I) need to realize that we can pull through anything with the love of our Saviour and getting back to the basics of what I have been taught by my goodly parents. Whew, now I feel a nap coming on!!!

2 comments:

Mom of Esquared September 18, 2009 at 3:34 AM  

you are so right the basics are important and don't think you are the only one that has trouble teaching the right things to your kids but not doing them yourselves, I too am in that boat. I believe that satan can influence us but cannot influence us to do wrong with our children. this just goes to show that we really need to get on our knees more often. Thanks for the reminder I needed it.

Mary September 22, 2009 at 8:56 AM  

I love you, Steph...