Thursday, September 9, 2010

What Does a Mom do When All of Her Kids are at School

Now that I have all this free time during the day you might ask yourself "What does Stephanie do now that no kids are at home?" Besides the basics of laundry, vacuuming and the hated bathrooms, I have come up with a list of strange things I am finding myself doing in an empty house.

  1. Randomly breaking into any song that pops into my mind. Best part, it does not even matter whether I know the entire lyrics or not cause no one is home to tell me!
  2. Randomly breaking into dance when I have music on. My little ones love to dance with me but the older boys always laugh. Now I can bust a move whenever I want :)
  3. Staying in my jammies until noon. Ok, sometimes I did that when the kids were home but now I don't feel guilty!!!
  4. Read a book in peace and quiet and eat ice cream without anyone wanting a bite. Bad for the butt but great for the soul.
  5. Taking a bubble bath by myself in our jacuzzi tub. It has been 15 years since I have bathed or showered by myself. Love it!
  6. Not sharing my drink if I indulge in a Sonic run - best thing ever!
  7. Last but not least, take a nice nap and actually feel rested (who knew working nights as a nurse could take so much energy??)
I do miss my kids and have those moments that I really miss having one at home that almost brings me to tears. Today I worked at the copy room at the school for a few hours in the morning and the best part was getting to see each of my kids as they walked to lunch. I got 2 high fives and one sweet little kiss from my girl:)

4 comments:

Shari September 9, 2010 at 4:24 PM  

You go girl! Love #4!

Mom of Esquared September 10, 2010 at 3:11 AM  

sounds like you have figured it out... I don't know how you do the night thing all the time but you rock.

JaNae September 10, 2010 at 6:12 PM  

Love your list of daily things. As a busy mom who works (besides being a mom) you deserve these indulgences are part of your routine!!! Enjoy.

Grumpy Grateful Mom April 14, 2011 at 10:35 AM  

I see I have much to look forward to--woo-hoo. Though, I hear it gets crazier after school.